AoM’s OCIS Division Doctoral Consortium proposal submission deadline has been extended to June 8th. It is possible that funding for travel support may be available but we do not have confirmation on this yet.
The OCIS division of the Academy of Management is pleased to announce the
2009 Doctoral Consortium, to be held in Chicago, IL August 7-8, 2008. The
consortium will provide an opportunity for doctoral students to network,
receive feedback on their research, and discuss career issues. PhD
students working on research in the areas of Organizational Communication
and Information Systems are invited to apply. The deadline for
applications is June 8th, 2009. Applicants will be notified of outcome by
June 25, 2009.
There is a possibility that funding for supporting student travel will be
available. However, at this time, we do not have confirmation of this NSF
funding. Stay tuned, we should have more information shortly!
Doctoral Consortium Dates and Times
* Friday, August 7, 2009, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
* Saturday, August 8, 2009, 9:30am – 5:30pm
Confirmed Faculty Advisors for the Doctoral Consortium
Manju Ahuja, University of Louisville
Catherine Cramton, George Mason University
Arun Rai, Georgia State University
V. Sambamurthy, Michigan State University
Carol Saunders, Central Florida University
Christina Soh, Nanyang Technology University
Submit the following materials via email to Manju Ahuja
(Manju.Ahuja@louisville.edu) by May 15, 2009:
1. Completed application form (below)
2. 5-page, double-spaced summary of proposed dissertation research
3. Letter of recommendation from dissertation chair/advisor
4. Curriculum vita
Any questions about the consortium should be directed to Manju Ahuja
OCIS 2009 Doctoral Consortium Application Form
DEADLINE: June 8th, 2009
1. What year are you in your PhD program?
__1st __2nd __3rd __4th __5th or more
2. Will you have completed your dissertation proposal by August 8,
3. Have you participated in an OCIS Doctoral Consortium in the
4. Name and Contact Information for dissertation chair/advisor:
5. To consider your application we must receive a recommendation
from your chair/advisor. It should be emailed to Manju Ahuja
(Manju.Ahuja@louisville.edu) no later than June 8th, 2009. Have you asked
your chair to submit a letter?
6. Briefly describe your research interests. (1 Paragraph)
7. Briefly describe your dissertation research, including its
current status (1 paragraph).
Manju K. Ahuja
OCIS PDW Chair
Manju K. Ahuja, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chair
Computer Information Systems
College of Business
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Phone: (502) 852-4678
Fax: (502) 852-4799