The OCIS is holding the 2008 Doctoral Consortium in Anaheim, CA, August 8-9, 2008. Please note that the deadline is this week – May 15th. Please remind all of your colleagues who may also be interested.
The consortium will provide an opportunity for doctoral students to network, receive feedback on their research, and discuss career issues. PhD students working on research in the areas of Organizational Communication and Information Systems are invited to apply. The original call for applications is below and provides more information.
OCIS Doctoral Consortium Call for Applications
The OCIS division of the Academy of Management is pleased to announce the 2008 Doctoral Consortium, to be held in Anaheim, CA, August 8-9, 2008. The consortium will provide an opportunity for doctoral students to network, receive feedback on their research, and discuss career issues. PhD students working on research in the areas of Organizational Communication and Information Systems are invited to apply. The deadline for applications is May 15th, 2008.
Doctoral Consortium Dates and Times
Friday, August 8, 2008, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday, August 9, 2008, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Confirmed Faculty Advisors for the Doctoral Consortium
Brian Butler, University of Pittsburgh
Kathy Chudoba, Utah State University
Mary Culnan, Bentley College
Samer Faraj, McGill University
Olga Volkoff, Simon Fraser University
Submit the following materials via email to Brian Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 15, 2008:
- Completed application form (below)
- 5-page, double-spaced summary of proposed dissertation research
- Letter of recommendation from dissertation chair/advisor
- Curriculum vita
Any questions about the consortium should be directed to Brian Butler (email@example.com).
OCIS 2008 Doctoral Consortium Application Form
DEADLINE: MAY 15th, 2008
1. What year are you in your PhD program?
__1st __2nd __3rd __4th __5th or more
2. Will you have completed your dissertation proposal by August 8, 2008?
3. Have you participated in an OCIS Doctoral Consortium in the past?
4. Name and Contact Information for dissertation chair/advisor:
5. To consider your application we must receive a recommendation from your chair/advisor. It should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 15, 2008. Have you asked your chair to submit a letter?
6. Briefly describe your research interests. (1 Paragraph)
7. Briefly describe your dissertation research, including its current status (1 paragraph).